May/15TH /2019 Unwanted Witness has noticed a report done by CNN therein detailing how WhatsApp has been penetrated by hackers to the extent they could have access to its users’ phones. The most interestingly account of this report, is that WhatsApp which is an encrypted messaging service, owned by...
Global Voices Advocacy’s Netizen Report offers an international snapshot of challenges, victories, and emerging trends in Internet rights around the world. A series of recent stories on Internet policy in Uganda paints a grim picture of the online-speech environment in the country. On October 6, Internal Affairs Minister James...
The Unwanted Witness therefore demands that: 1.Government should come out clearly to explain why they are deploying surveillance equipment to spy on citizens. 2. Parliament should consider reviewing and amending cyber laws that seem to be used to violate the constitution but at the same time infringe on citizens’...
Subscribe to our newsletter
- CONVICTED: Stella Nyanzi’s 305 days of Sacrificing for Internet Freedom
- Open Letter to the Speaker of Parliament of the Republic of Uganda
- Discriminated by the Digital Identity Ecosystem.
- News Brief: Social Media policing: Professional body orders Human Rights Lawyer to remove Facebook post.
- News Brief: Computer Misuse Petition is set for final hearing.