May/15TH /2019 Unwanted Witness has noticed a report done by CNN therein detailing how WhatsApp has been penetrated by hackers to the extent they could have access to its users’ phones. The most interestingly account of this report, is that WhatsApp which is an encrypted messaging service, owned by...
Global Voices Advocacy’s Netizen Report offers an international snapshot of challenges, victories, and emerging trends in Internet rights around the world. A series of recent stories on Internet policy in Uganda paints a grim picture of the online-speech environment in the country. On October 6, Internal Affairs Minister James...
The Unwanted Witness therefore demands that: 1.Government should come out clearly to explain why they are deploying surveillance equipment to spy on citizens. 2. Parliament should consider reviewing and amending cyber laws that seem to be used to violate the constitution but at the same time infringe on citizens’...
Subscribe to our newsletter
- COVID-19: Uganda Internet Service Providers join the battle, but key concerns remain
- Biometric users must protect people from COVID-19 virus.
- News Brief: UCC tightens social media censorship as Uganda registers first case of COVID19.
- Speaker Kadaga Commends Unwanted Witness Over The National Id Research
- One Year On, What Has Uganda’s Data Protection Law Changed?