Unwanted Witness has asked the Electoral Commission (EC) to double its efforts in civic education if they are to avoid challenges that may come as a result of poor data surveillance in the forthcoming general elections.
May/15TH /2019 Unwanted Witness has noticed a report done by CNN therein detailing how WhatsApp has been penetrated by hackers to the extent they could have access to its users’ phones. The most interestingly account of this report, is that WhatsApp which is an encrypted messaging service, owned by...
Global Voices Advocacy’s Netizen Report offers an international snapshot of challenges, victories, and emerging trends in Internet rights around the world. A series of recent stories on Internet policy in Uganda paints a grim picture of the online-speech environment in the country. On October 6, Internal Affairs Minister James...
The Unwanted Witness therefore demands that: 1.Government should come out clearly to explain why they are deploying surveillance equipment to spy on citizens. 2. Parliament should consider reviewing and amending cyber laws that seem to be used to violate the constitution but at the same time infringe on citizens’...
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Unwanted Witness calls for more civic education ahead of EC’s scientific campaigns
- Uganda’s National ID system; an access hindrance to the Social Assistance Grants for Empowerment (SAGE).
- Digital identity verification, authentication and validation in the 2021 election must be transparent warns Unwanted Witness.
- Uganda: The Speaker of Parliament Summons ICT minister over concerns raised by Unwanted Witness report about SafeBoda.
- Data exploitation in digital political campaigns and its implication on electoral democracy