- Privacy Scorecard Webinar. Register here: https://bit.ly/3wAMpDF
- Webinar: Unpacking Uganda’s DPPA 2019 and Stakeholders’ roles – 29th April, 2021
- Report Launch: State of Digital Rights and Internet Governance in Uganda – 12th March
- Covid-19 vaccine: CSOs petition court challenging national ID requirement
- Unwanted Witness concerned over prolonged social media restriction in Uganda, says VPNs come with a lot of risks
- Privacy wins as Uganda’s data regulator finds data controller unlawfully disclosed data to third-party
- Google must disregard the Government of Uganda’s requests intended to silence legitimate dissent
- Unwanted Witness Condemns the Heinous Acts of Violence Against Journalists
- Blocking social media is a direct attack on democracy in Uganda, says Unwanted Witness Uganda.
- Data exploitation in digital political campaigns and its implication on electoral democracy
Amplifying Voices, Changing Lives.
WHO WE ARE
Unwanted Witness was established in 2012 by a group of netizens, bloggers, activists, writers, and human rights defenders as an independent, non-partisan, and not-for-profit civil society organization. It seeks to create secure uncensored online platforms for activists, netizens, bloggers, freelance journalists, and writers to promote human rights through writing and informing, educating the citizenry who also utilize the platform for strengthening free expression and demand for accountability.
WHAT WE DO
MOST RECENT PROJECTS
- The State of Digital Rights and Internet Governance in Uganda 2021
- Weak Legal and Institutional Framework: A Hindrance to Justice For Survivors pf Online Violence Against Women and Girls in Uganda.
- Trading Privacy for a Cheap Transport System
- NITA: Investigation Report into allegations of unlawful sharing of SafeBoda users’ data
- Uganda’s Digital ID System, A Cocktail of Discrimination
- State of Digital Rights in Uganda 2019
- Repressive Uganda’s Worst Cyber Laws
- State Of Surveillance In Uganda
- An Open Free and Secure Internet: A threat to Uganda’s National Security?
- Your Communication And Personal Data Are Not Safe Anymore
- State of Security for HRDs In a Digital Era