EXECUTIVE SUMMARY The last decade has seen an explosion in the use of digital tools in political campaigning. Perceptions have also changed in that time. The use of social media was first foreshowed as a positive revolution in the mass engagement of voters. More recently we have seen serious...
Risks to unregulated personal data use and what stakeholders must-do during the 2020/21 electoral process.
The upcoming 2021 general election raises concerns of electoral malpractices and uncertainty through the misuse and abuse of personal data such as phone numbers, email addresses, political ideology and location data. Politicians now believe they can win elections if they just have better, more refined and more accurate data...
- Unwanted Witness Conducts an Online (Facebook Live) debate to demystify Internet-based Violence against Women in Uganda.
- Civil society organisation protests UCC online regulations
- Activists Want Court to Prevail over UCC as Deadline to Register Online Broadcasters Nears
- Don’t ignore our petition! Unwanted Witness demands quick court action against UCC’s directive on online publishers
- Judiciary must prevail over UCC’s Impunity towards freedom of expression, Warns Unwanted Witness.