EXECUTIVE SUMMARY The last decade has seen an explosion in the use of digital tools in political campaigning. Perceptions have also changed in that time. The use of social media was first foreshowed as a positive revolution in the mass engagement of voters. More recently we have seen serious...
Risks to unregulated personal data use and what stakeholders must-do during the 2020/21 electoral process.
The upcoming 2021 general election raises concerns of electoral malpractices and uncertainty through the misuse and abuse of personal data such as phone numbers, email addresses, political ideology and location data. Politicians now believe they can win elections if they just have better, more refined and more accurate data...
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Uganda’s National ID system; an access hindrance to the Social Assistance Grants for Empowerment (SAGE).
- Digital identity verification, authentication and validation in the 2021 election must be transparent warns Unwanted Witness.
- Uganda: The Speaker of Parliament Summons ICT minister over concerns raised by Unwanted Witness report about SafeBoda.
- Data exploitation in digital political campaigns and its implication on electoral democracy
- Collection of personally identifiable data threatens National security and human rights: Warns Unwanted Witness