By UW Team Human Rights Defenders in Uganda are not exceptional, amidst the health crisis and subsequent containment measures, the Internet has become the lifeline to the work of Human Rights Defenders (HRDs) currently working from home. Many have swiftly embraced digital tools to conduct meetings, advocacy, and campaigns...
African Declaration on Internet Rights and Freedoms Emphasising that the Internet is an enabling space and resource for the realisation of all human rights, including the right to freedom of expression, the right of access to information, the right of freedom of assembly, the right...
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Unwanted Witness calls for more civic education ahead of EC’s scientific campaigns
- Uganda’s National ID system; an access hindrance to the Social Assistance Grants for Empowerment (SAGE).
- Digital identity verification, authentication and validation in the 2021 election must be transparent warns Unwanted Witness.
- Uganda: The Speaker of Parliament Summons ICT minister over concerns raised by Unwanted Witness report about SafeBoda.
- Data exploitation in digital political campaigns and its implication on electoral democracy