By UW Team Human Rights Defenders in Uganda are not exceptional, amidst the health crisis and subsequent containment measures, the Internet has become the lifeline to the work of Human Rights Defenders (HRDs) currently working from home. Many have swiftly embraced digital tools to conduct meetings, advocacy, and campaigns...
African Declaration on Internet Rights and Freedoms Emphasising that the Internet is an enabling space and resource for the realisation of all human rights, including the right to freedom of expression, the right of access to information, the right of freedom of assembly, the right...
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Phone tapping could dampen internet growth – Report
- COVID-19: Exposing the hollowness in Uganda’s legal regime towards misinformation management
- Surveillance is Prejudicial to Uganda’s Democracy, says Unwanted Witness Report.
- Government of Uganda must respect human rights in the use of Surveillance technologies to fight Coronavirus, says Unwanted Witness Uganda.
- Letter to the Ministry of ICT; calling for the observance of Human Rights in the application of surveillance Technologies to fight COVID-19