Citizens call: UCC to prevail over misuse of personal information by telecom companies on the day we fight back. Kampala, February, 11 2014 unwanted witness is joining the rest of the world to commemorate the day we fight back against mass surveillance and intrusion to privacy. While The...
THE UNWANTED WITNESS statement on the Occasion of Government drafting a data protection and privacy Bill 2013
We welcome the government’s decision to enact a law on Data Protection and Privacy but; the Bill should order telecom companies to surrender all citizens’ information collected during the Mandatory SIM Card Registration Exercise and to establish a National Data Collection Center Kampala, 24th/January/2014; the Unwanted Witness commends...
Report Summary For Immediate release The right to privacy and internet freedoms facing threats in Uganda – Unwanted Witness Report 2014 Kampala, 17th/January/2014; the right to privacy and internet freedom are facing enormous (growing) threats as Ugandan government starts to import surveillance equipment and setting up internet monitoring units...
- Blocking social media is a direct attack on democracy in Uganda, says Unwanted Witness Uganda.
- Legalizing digital technology in Uganda’s electoral process, but are privacy rights and freedoms protected?
- Unwanted Witness Condemns the Heinous Acts of Violence Against Journalists
- Google must disregard the Government of Uganda’s requests intended to silence legitimate dissent
- The Inaugural Annual Privacy Scorecard Unveiled