They said the requirement for the application, registration and authorisation threatens free speech and the right to association and...
Unwanted Witness, , UW in the Media, online publishers, UCC directive, Uganda
On September 7, 2020, UCC issued a notice reminding all online data communication and broadcast service providers to apply...
Unwanted Witness, , UW Statements, free speech, freedom of Expression, UCC directive
We call upon the Deputy Chief Justice Richard Butera to institute the bench to handle the application for interim...
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Unwanted Witness Conducts an Online (Facebook Live) debate to demystify Internet-based Violence against Women in Uganda.
- Civil society organisation protests UCC online regulations
- Activists Want Court to Prevail over UCC as Deadline to Register Online Broadcasters Nears
- Don’t ignore our petition! Unwanted Witness demands quick court action against UCC’s directive on online publishers
- Judiciary must prevail over UCC’s Impunity towards freedom of expression, Warns Unwanted Witness.