listen to ‘Museveni on internet misuse’ on Audioboo
Freedom House report on the Net download http://freedomhouse.org/sites/default/files/resources/FOTN%202013_Full%20Report_0.pdf
While the 1995 constitution has been the guide to elucidating and guaranteeing various rights and fundamental freedoms, these have continuously become eroded as the NRM government seeks to entrench its stay in power even at the expense of limiting the enjoyment of various freedoms deemed empowering to the citizens...
Gender Based Violence (GBV) is a result of power inequalities powered discrimination based on gender. GBV is now more than ever entrenched in the social beliefs, systems, perceptions, attitudes about women and men and their roles in society; it includes; Domestic Violence, Violence against Women and Sexual Based Violence....
The women of Africa can rest assured that I will make a difference at the Africa Union, the United Nations, SADC, in Uganda at every institution where I sit, to demonstrate that women can do as well or better than men, and also to continue to advance our struggle...
16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence commences on 25th November and ends on 10th December. Globally, women’s rights activists use this period to draw even more attention to the violence that women face on a day to day basis. This year’s theme, From Peace in the Home to Peace in the...
The guns in Northern Uganda have largely fallen silent and today, with the support of partners like GWED-G, communities are working towards rebuilding their homes
Aiding Surveillance that
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Phone tapping could dampen internet growth – Report
- COVID-19: Exposing the hollowness in Uganda’s legal regime towards misinformation management
- Surveillance is Prejudicial to Uganda’s Democracy, says Unwanted Witness Report.
- Government of Uganda must respect human rights in the use of Surveillance technologies to fight Coronavirus, says Unwanted Witness Uganda.
- Letter to the Ministry of ICT; calling for the observance of Human Rights in the application of surveillance Technologies to fight COVID-19