UW Photo:evicted without compensation from her home by security forces in Mubende district, this woman found a new home
listen to ‘Museveni on internet misuse’ on Audioboo
Freedom House report on the Net download http://freedomhouse.org/sites/default/files/resources/FOTN%202013_Full%20Report_0.pdf
While the 1995 constitution has been the guide to elucidating and guaranteeing various rights and fundamental freedoms, these have continuously become eroded as the NRM government seeks to entrench its stay in power even at the expense of limiting the enjoyment of various freedoms deemed empowering to the citizens...
Gender Based Violence (GBV) is a result of power inequalities powered discrimination based on gender. GBV is now more than ever entrenched in the social beliefs, systems, perceptions, attitudes about women and men and their roles in society; it includes; Domestic Violence, Violence against Women and Sexual Based Violence....
The women of Africa can rest assured that I will make a difference at the Africa Union, the United Nations, SADC, in Uganda at every institution where I sit, to demonstrate that women can do as well or better than men, and also to continue to advance our struggle...
16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence commences on 25th November and ends on 10th December. Globally, women’s rights activists use this period to draw even more attention to the violence that women face on a day to day basis. This year’s theme, From Peace in the Home to Peace in the...
The guns in Northern Uganda have largely fallen silent and today, with the support of partners like GWED-G, communities are working towards rebuilding their homes
Aiding Surveillance that
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Uganda’s National ID system; an access hindrance to the Social Assistance Grants for Empowerment (SAGE).
- Digital identity verification, authentication and validation in the 2021 election must be transparent warns Unwanted Witness.
- Uganda: The Speaker of Parliament Summons ICT minister over concerns raised by Unwanted Witness report about SafeBoda.
- Data exploitation in digital political campaigns and its implication on electoral democracy
- Collection of personally identifiable data threatens National security and human rights: Warns Unwanted Witness