Global Voices Advocacy’s Netizen Report offers an international snapshot of challenges, victories, and emerging trends in Internet rights around the world. A series of recent stories on Internet policy in Uganda paints a grim picture of the online-speech environment in the country. On October 6, Internal Affairs Minister James...
The Unwanted Witness therefore demands that: 1.Government should come out clearly to explain why they are deploying surveillance equipment to spy on citizens. 2. Parliament should consider reviewing and amending cyber laws that seem to be used to violate the constitution but at the same time infringe on citizens’...
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Phone tapping could dampen internet growth – Report
- COVID-19: Exposing the hollowness in Uganda’s legal regime towards misinformation management
- Surveillance is Prejudicial to Uganda’s Democracy, says Unwanted Witness Report.
- Government of Uganda must respect human rights in the use of Surveillance technologies to fight Coronavirus, says Unwanted Witness Uganda.
- Letter to the Ministry of ICT; calling for the observance of Human Rights in the application of surveillance Technologies to fight COVID-19