INTRODUCTION The Ugandan government is one of the several countries in Africa, which has vocally sought to respond...
Kampala, March 27th, 2018; Uganda Communication Commission Executive Director Godfrey Mutabazi has issued fresh guidelines for SIM card acquisition...
Ugandan Parliament rejects Government’s Shs 61b Budget request to procure CCTV Cameras and Online registration System.admin, , News Alerts, Anti Terrorism act, cyber security, data, Internet Shutdowns Uganda, Kampala Uganda, Net Neutrality, Parliament, SIM Card Validation, ucc, Uganda communications commission, Uganda's Internet, Unwanted Witness
Kampala, March 22nd, 2018; Parliamentary Committee on Budget has rejected Government’s supplementary budget request of Shs61b (approximately $219,600) meant...
UCC’s directives are illegal and do not cure the existing capacity and legal gaps in telecom regulation and data protectionadmin, , UW Statements, freedoms, privacy, right, Surveillance, telecoms, ucc
Kampala, March 12th, 2018; Unwanted Witness Uganda condemns the illegal directives issued by Uganda Communication Commission (UCC) that are...
Unwanted Witness Condemns the Use of Mobile Phones to commit Crime and Calls for Dialogue among Stakeholders.admin, , UW Statements, crime, mobile, phones, SIM cards, ucc
Unwanted Witness Condemns the Use of Mobile Phones to commit Crime and Calls for Dialogue among Stakeholders. Kampala, 1st/03/2018;...
Subscribe to our newsletter
- What WhatsApp’s Vulnerability Means To Uganda
- Unwanted Witness-Uganda Granted NGO Observer Status before the African Commission on Human and People’s Rights.
- Uganda’s CCTV Surveillance system: Is it about stemming crime or Violating Rights?
- Stella Nyanzi Trial Brings To Fore Government’s Infinite Access To Personal Data.
- Uganda’s judicial system: Virtual courts are here but no laws to regulate them
- Unwanted Witness Petition Challenging UCC’s Directive For Mandatory Registration Of Online Publications
- Unwanted Witness Petitions Court Over Online Licenses